Jesus Followers

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Monday, March 7, 2016

The Cross of Lorraine & Cain

Genesis Chapter 4 tells us that Yahweh put a mark on Cain so that others would not attack him:

Gen 4:12 You shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth.” Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden. I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” Then the Lord said to him, “Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him. Then Cain went away from the presence of the Lord and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

So what was this mark?  It had to be a mark that was visible at all time to others.  Some think it was the hook nose and some think it was his darker skin color.  Based on Eve's statement in Genesis 4:1 she was surprised of Cain's appearance since she says '"I have gotten a man with Yahweh's help.".  She did not credit Adam with the birth of Cain and the bible never states that Adam is Cain's son.

Some people believe that the mark of Cain is the Cross of Lorraine.  The Cross of Lorraine is a double Tau.  Since there was something different about Cain's appearance already, this mark would make sense.


Video about the mark of Cain and the Cross of Lorraine.


These companies display the Cross of Lorraine:


For an interesting article about the cross or single Tau, click here.

There are lots of articles and information about this Cross of Lorraine on the Internet.  Therefore, you can do searches and additional research on this if interested.  This was just meant to be a short article so that you are aware of the Cross of Lorraine.

2 comments:

  1. Someone please help one , 4 bidden Read spells binding .
    I can remember much , forgotten even more .......
    ? We are Man E , Transfomer Electric conduit ....
    One hates invoking spells we taught this should be light enough too sea who speaks threw one too ones . how to teach when word 4bidden .......only can show you threw pics . 904 717 1872 my text number we can send pics too prove much we say more words in a pic than you being mused by my words .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the lorraine cross on my write wrist , my arm split from inside out with bone protruding then snapped back into place leaving a scare on my wrist I belive I was 6 at time ? Was playing saw mother going too store we lived in Tabernacle NJ and I was running and fell doctors assumed happened from fall but no glass or rocksablut just leaves dirt ........btw no dirt in my wound . so this mark is down into my wrist permanently . and we see much know much gold self Eating selfs chronus9 Saturn etc we posted much on Face book they blocks us we wish to convey to Intellgent source .
    Alas this Avenue another fail is woodseem

    ReplyDelete