Jesus Followers

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Joseph of the 12 Tribes of Israel

Joseph is the son of Jacob-Israel and Rachel.  Joseph is one of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Genesis 30:22 Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb. 23 She conceived and bore a son and said, "God has taken away my reproach." 24 And she called his name Joseph, saying, "May the Lord add to me another son!"

Jacob-Israel’s blessing to Joseph:
Genesis 49:22 "Joseph is a fruitful bough, a fruitful bough by a spring; his branches run over the wall. 23 The archers bitterly attacked him, shot at him, and harassed him severely, 24 yet his bow remained unmoved; his arms were made agile by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob (from there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel), 25 by the God of your father who will help you, by the Almighty who will bless you with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that crouches beneath, blessings of the breasts and of the womb. 26 The blessings of your father are mighty beyond the blessings of my parents, up to the bounties of the everlasting hills. May they be on the head of Joseph, and on the brow of him who was set apart from his brothers.

Audio from Voice of Christian Israel:

Text from Sacred Text:



No comments:

Post a Comment