Jesus Followers

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Word for Word, Genesis Chapters 42 thru 44, Brother's Find Joseph in Egypt

Pastor Steve continues reading his version of Genesis and provides explanations of the original Hebrew word and name meanings.






King James Version
Anderson’s Original Hebrew
Benjamin
Binyamiyn
Joseph
Yoseph
Jacob
Yaaqob
Reuben
Reuben
Simeon
Shimeon
Israel
Yisrael

 Genesis Chapter 42

 1. Now when Yaaqob saw that there was corn in Mitsrayim, Yaaqob said to his sons, "Why do you look at each other?"
2. Said he, "Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Mitsrayim, go down , and buy for us from there; so that we may live, and not die."
3. Yoseph's ten brothers went)down to buy corn in Mitsrayim.
4. But Binyamiyn, Yoseph's brother, was not sent by Yaaqob with his brothers, because perhaps some harm 611 might befall him.
5. The sons of Yisrael came to buy among those that came; because the famine was in the land of Kenaan.
6. Yoseph was the governor over the land, and it was he that sold to all the people of the land. Yoseph's brothers came, and bowed down before him with their faces toward the ground.
7. Yoseph saw his brothers, and he recognized 5234 them, but was unrocognized 5234 by them, and spoke roughly to them; and said to them, "Where have you come from?" And they said, "From the land of K'naan to buy food."
8. Yoseph recognized his brothers, but they did not know 3045 him.
9. And remembered Yoseph the dreams which he dreamed of them, and said to them, "You are spies 7270, and have come to see the nakedness 6172 of the land."
10. And they said to him, "No, my lord, your servants are come to buy 7666 food.
11. We are all one man's sons; we are upright 3651 men; are not your servants spies!"
12. Said he to them, "No, you are come to see the nakedness of the land!"
13. And they said, "Your servants are twelve brothers, the sons of one man in the land of Kenaan; and behold, the youngest is still with our father, and one is no longer."
14. Yoseph said to them, "It is as I said to you, saying, ‘You are spies!'.
l5. This is the way you shall prove yourselves; by the life of Par'oh you shall not leave here, unless your youngest brother comes here.
16. Send one of you, and let him bring your brother, and you shall be kept in prison 631, so that your words may be proved, whether there be any truth in you; or else by the life of Par'oh you are surely spies!"
17. And he put them all together under guard 4929 for three days.
18. Said Yoseph to them the third day, "Do this, and live; I revere 3373 Elohiym;
19. if you are honest men, let one of your brothers be bound 631 in the house of your prison 4929; and you go, and carry corn for the famine of your household;
20. but bring your youngest brother to me, so shall your words be verified, and you shall not die. And they did so.
2l. They said to one another, "Of a certainty 61 we are guilty 818 concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his being 5315, and he implored 2603 us, and we would not listen to him; and that is why this trouble 6869 has come upon us."
22. Reuben answered them, saying, "Did I not speak to you saying, 'Do not sin against the child'; and you would not listen? So his blood is required of you."
23. They did not realize that Yoseph understood them; because he spoke to them through an interpreter.
24. And he turned himself away from them and wept; and returned to them again, and communed with them, and took Shimeon from them, and bound 63l him before their eyes.
25. Then Yoseph ordered that their sacks be filled with corn, and to return every man's money into his
sack, and to give them provisions for the way home; and this is how he treated them.
26. And they loaded their asses with corn, and left from there.
27 . And as one of them opened his sack to give his ass provender4554 in the inn, he saw his money, for behold, it was in the mouth 63l0 of his sack.
 28. And he said to his brothers , "My money has been returned; and it was in the mouth of my sack! " And their hearts left 3318 them, and they were afraid 2729, saying one man; to his brother , "What is this that Elohiym has done to us?"
29. And they came to Yaaqob their father in the land of Kenaan, and told him all that had happened to them, saying,
30. The man, the lord of the land, spoke roughly to us, and thought we were spies in the land.
31. And we said to him, ‘We are honest men; we are not spies;
32. we are twelve brothers, sons of our father; one is no longer, and the youngest is still.with our father in the land of Kenaan.
33. And the man, the lord of the land, said to us, "This is how I will know that you are honest men; leave one of your brothers here with me, and take food for the famine of your households, and be gone;
34. and bring your youngest brother to me. Then I shall know that you are not spies, but you are honest men; so then I will give you your brother, and you shall do business 5503 in the land.'"
35. It came to be, as they emptied their sacks, that behold, each man's bundle 6872 of money was in his sack; and when both they and their father saw the bundles of money, they were afraid 3372.
36. Yaaqob their father said to them, "You have bereaved me; Yoseph is no longer, and Shimeon is no longer, and you will take Binyamiyn; all these things are against me!"
37. Reuben spoke to his father, saying, "Put to death my two sons, if I do not bring him back to you. Put him in my care, and I will bring him back to you again."
38. He said, "My son will not go with you; for his brother is dead, and he is left alone. If harm 611befalls him by the way that you will go, then will you bring down my hoary head 7872 in grief 3015to Sheolah 7585!"

Genesis Chapter 43

 1. The famine was grievous 35l5 in the land.
2. It came to be when they had eaten up the corn which they had brought from Mitsrayim, their father said to them,"Return , buy us a little food."
3. Spoke Yahudah to him, saying, "The man did tell us solemnly, 'You shall not see me, unless your brother is with you.’
4. If you will send our brother with us, we will go down and buy you food;
5. but if you do not send him, we will not go down, because the man said to us, 'You shall not see me, unless your brother is with you'."
6. Said Yisrael, "Why did you deal so ill with me, and tell the man you had another brother?"
 7. And they said, "The man asked us directly of our state, and of our kindred, saying, ‘Is your father still alive? Do you have another brother?', and we told him according to the manner of his words. Could we certainly know that he would say, ‘Bring your brother down'?"
8. Said Yahudah to his father, "Send the lad with me, and we will arise and go; so we may live, and not die, both we, and you, and our little ones.
9. I will be a surety for him; of my hand you shall require him. If I do not bring him to you, and set him before you, then let me bear the blame forever:
10. because if we had not delayed, we would have already returned this second time.
11. Said Yisrael their father to them, "If so, now do this; take of the best fruits of the land in your vessels, and carry down the man a present, a little balm, and a little honey, spices and myrrh, nuts and almonds:
12. and take double money in your hand; and the money that returned in the mouth of your sacks, carry it back again in your hand; perhaps it was an oversight.
13. Take also your brother, and arise, go again to the man:
14. and El Shadday 410/7706 give you mercy before the man, that he may send away your other brother, and Binyamiyn. If I am bereaved, I am bereaved.
15. And the men took that present, and they took double money in their hand, and Binyamiyn; and rose up, and went down to Mitsrayim, and stood before Yoseph.
16. When Yoseph saw Binyamiyn with them, he said to he that was over his household, "Bring these men home, and slaughter an animal, and prepare it; for these men shall dine with me at noon."
17. The man did as Yoseph bade; and the man brought the men into Yoseph's house.
18. The men were afraid, because they were brought into the house of Yoseph; and they said,"Over the matter of the money that was returned in our sacks the first time are we brought in; that he may seek occasion against us, and arrest us, and take us for slaves, and our asses."
19. And they approached the man that was over Yoseph's house, and they spoke with him at the door of the house,
20. and said,"O lord 113,we indeed came the first time to buy food;
21. and it came to be when we came to the inn, that we opened our sacks, and saw that every man's money was in the mouth of the sack, our money in full weight; and we have brought it back in our hand.
22. And other money we have brought down in our hands to buy food,We do not know who put our money in our sacks."
23. He said, "Peace to you, fear not. Eloheychem 430 and Elohey 430 your father, has given you treasure in your sacks. I had your money." And he brought Shimeon out to them.
24. The man brought the men into Yoseph's house, and gave them water, and they washed their feet; and he gave their asses fodder.
25. They made ready the present for when Yoseph came at noon, because they had heard that they would eat food there.
26. When Yoseph came home, they brought him the present which they had into the house, and bowed themselves toward the ground before him.
27. He asked them of their welfare, and said, "Is your father well, the old man of whom you spoke? Is he still alive?"
28. They answered, "Your servant our father is in good health, he is still alive." And they bowed 6915 their heads, and made obeisance 7812.
29. He lifted up his eyes, and saw his brother Binyamiyn his mother's son, and said, "Is this your younger brother of whom you spoke to me?" And he said, "Elohiym be gracious to you, my son." '
30. Yoseph hurried; because grew warm and tender 3648 his brotherly feeling 7356 for his brother; and he sought for a place to weep; and he entered into his chamber, and wept there.
31. He washed his face, and went forth, and restrained 662 himself, and said, "Serve food."
32. They served for him by himself, and for them by themselves, and for the Mitsriym which ate with him, by themselves; because the Mitsriym could not eat with the Ibriym, because that is an abomination to the Mitsrayim.
 33. They sat before him, the firstborn according to his birthright , and the youngest according to his youth, and the men marveled 8539 one 376 to another 7453.
34. And he took and sent portions 4864 to them from before him; but the portion he sent to Binyamin was five times as much as the others. And they drank, and were merry 7937 with him.

 Genesis Chapter 44

 1.He commanded he that was over his house, saying, "Fill the mens sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put every man's money in his sack's mouth.

2. And put my cup 1375 of silver 3701 in the sack's mouth of the youngest, and his corn money 3701." And he did according to the words that Yoseph had spoken.
3. As soon as the morning was light, the men were sent away, they and their asses 2543.
4. When they were gone out of the city, not yet far off, Yoseph said to he that was over his house, "Up, follow after the men; and when you overtake them, say to them, ‘Why have you rewarded evil for good?
5. Is this not in which my lord drinks, and whereby indeed he does divination 5172? You have done evil in doing so!'"
6. And he overtook them, and spoke to them these same words.
7. And they said to him, "Why does my lord say these words? Far be it 2486 that your servants should do this thing!
8. Behold, the money which we found in our sack's mouths, we returned to you from the land of
Kenaan. Why then should we steal from your lord's house silver or gold?
9. With whomsoever of your servants it is found, both let him die, and also we will be my lord's slaves!"
10. And he said, "Now let it be according to your words: he with whom it is found shall be my slave; and you shall be blameless 5355."
11. Then they quickly took down each man's sack to the ground, and each man opened his sack.
12. And he searched, and began at the eldest, and left at the youngest: and the cup was found in Binyamiyn's sack.
13. Then they rent their clothes, and each man loaded his ass, and returned to the city.
14. Yahudah and his brothers came to Yoseph's house; because he was still there; and they fell to the ground before him.
15. Yoseph said to them, "What deed is this that you have done? Do you not know that a man such it I can certainly divine?"
  16. Said Yahudah, "What shall we say to my lord? What shall we speak? How shall we justify 6663 ourselves? Elohiym has found out the iniquity5771 of your servants: behold, we are my lord's slaves, both we, and also with whom the cup is found."
17. And he said, "Far be it that I should do so: the man in whose hand the cup was found, he shall be my slave, and as for you, go up in peace to your father.
18. Then came near Yahudah to him, and said, "O my lord, let your servant, please, speak a word in my lord's ears, and let not your anger burn against your servant: for you are like Par'oh.
19. My lord asked his servants, saying, 'Have you a father or a brother?'
20. And we said to my lord, 'We have a father, an old 2205 man, and a child of his old age, a little one; and his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother, and his father loves him.'
21. And you said to your servants, 'Bring him down to me, so that I may see him.'
22. And we said to my lord, 'The lad cannot leave his father; because if he leaves his father, his father would die.'
23. And you said to your servants, 'Unless your youngest brother comes down with you, you shall see my face no more.'
24. It came to be, when we returned to your servant my father, we told him the words of my lord.
25. And our father said, 'Return, and buy us a little food.
26. And we said, 'We cannot go down: if our youngest brother is with us, then we will go down, because we may not see the man's face unless our youngest brother is with us.'
27. And your servant my father said to us, 'You know that my wife bare me two sons:
28. and the one went out from me, and I said, 'Surely he is torn in pieces'; and I have not seen him since:
29. and if you take this one also, and harm 611 befall him, you shall bring down my gray head 7872 to Sheolah with sorrow 7451.
30. Now therefore when I come to your servant my father, and the lad is not with us; seeing that his life is bound up in the lads life;
31. it shall come to be, when he sees that the lad is not with us, that he will die: and your servants will bring the gray head of your servant our father to Sheolah from sorrow.
32. For your servant became surety 6148 for the lad unto my father, saying, 'If I do not bring him unto you, then I shall bear the blame to my father forever.'
33. Now therefore, please, let your servant stay instead of the lad as a slave to my lord; and let the lad return with his brothers.

34. For how shall I return to my father unless the lad is with me? Lest 6435 I see the harm 7451 that shall come upon my father."

No comments:

Post a Comment